Operational waste at Rödsta recycling centre

At Rödsta you can leave waste sorted on the sorting ramp and also drive waste in by truck to our various drop-off points.

When leaving waste, you must weigh your vehicle at the entrance and exit and indicate what you are leaving. You will need a customer number, contact the staff at Rödsta and they will give it to you.

To think about

As a waste depositor/transporter, you should know what you are depositing in order to be able to register the load on the correct type of waste. We check the waste you have left regularly. If we see that a load does not correspond to what was declared at the time of weighing in, we will reclassify it and you will be charged for the correct type of waste. This usually applies to waste that is classified as combustible, but turns out to contain non-combustible waste and metal as well. It is then reclassified as unsorted waste, which is more expensive.

At the bottom of the page is a leaflet with tips and information on what to think about when dropping off your waste. It is also available in printed form at Rödsta ÅVC.

In case of misplacement

Hazardous waste and electrical waste must not be mixed with other waste. If such waste is detected, a fee of SEK 2,476/litre excluding VAT will be charged for incorrect sorting and the litre will also be charged after the fee for unsorted waste.

Waste that may be delivered for a fee

We accept a wide range of waste. Below are examples of the most common types of waste. See detailed price list at the bottom.

We accept some hazardous waste from businesses, mainly smaller quantities of common waste. See the price list at the bottom or contact Rödsta ÅVC for an enquiry.

Fees for waste left behind

Price (excl. VAT) kr/ton
Construction, demolition and industrial waste
Sorted combustible construction, industrial, demolition and commercial waste1308
Sorted non-combustible construction, industrial, demolition and operational waste (must not contain gypsum)1812
Unsorted construction, industrial, demolition and operation wastes2202
Heavily treated operational waste.
e.g. wooden structures, rubber mats, plastics and hoses that cannot be crushed.
Mixed waste ramp
Mixed operational waste (sorted on ramp)1113
Mixed construction and demolition waste (sorted on ramp)1113
Wood for chipping 473
Impregnated wood3081
Park and garden waste
Park and garden waste for chipping (e.g. rice). Diameter max 25 cm.445
Park and garden waste. Trees, logs, branches larger than 25 cm in diameter.1670
Green parts for composting (e.g. grass, leaves)223

Waste that can be delivered free of charge

Free of charge waste as listed below that is deposited on the sorting ramp does not need to be weighed. This also applies to fridges, freezers and white goods left in the designated place. Corrugated cardboard and scrap metal not handed in at the sorting ramp must be weighed.
  • Corrugated board
  • Packaging on ramp (paper, plastic, metal, coloured and uncoloured glass, newspapers and recycled paper). Only small quantities in containers with small holes.
  • Electrical waste
  • Refrigerator and freezer
  • Washing machines and dishwashers
  • Fluorescent lamps
  • Light bulbs (incandescent, low-energy, LED and halogen)
  • Small batteries and car batteries
  • Scrap metal
  • Passenger car tyres with and without rims
  • Fire extinguishers, empty or with contents

You can't leave this

  • Silage plastics - refer to Svepretur 0771 - 11 11 22
  • Fireworks and firecrackers - refer to Police 114 14 or dealer
  • Asbestos - refer to Högbergets waste disposal facility, Kramfors 0612 - 803 91
  • Medicines and needles/other knitting and cutting - refer to private contractor for collection
  • Weapons and ammunition - refer to Police 114 14
  • Large quantities of plastic, metal or paper packaging for recycling - refer to Förpacknings- och tidningsinsamlingen (FTI) or private contractor for collection.

Instructions for delivering hazardous waste and electrical waste

From 1 November 2020, establishments must start reporting recorded data on hazardous waste to the new waste register at the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency.

This means that when you, as a business owner, come to Rödsta ÅVC with hazardous waste, you must know what it is and how much it is so that we, in turn, as recipients, can report it to the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency (Naturvårdsverket). We are also able to weigh the waste if necessary.

More information is available at the links at the bottom.

In the case of electrical waste, which is always classified as hazardous waste, the Electricity Circuit has developed a system for registering it. El-Kretsen is the organisation that collects electrical waste on behalf of the producers and the collectors of electrical waste at Rödsta ÅVC.

Before you bring your electrical waste to Rödsta ÅVC, you must create a delivery certificate. You can do this on this page: Create a delivery certificate
Or via the Electricity District's "Operational waste" app. Read more here. External link, opens in new window.

There you can fill in the type of electrical waste you want to deliver, its estimated weight, where the waste was generated and contact and company details. Then show this certificate to the staff at Rödsta ÅVC.