Fees and rules

The management of household waste is financed solely by waste collection fees, without any support from tax revenues. Rules for refuse collection and emptying can be found in the "Regulations on waste management" issued by the municipality. These can be found in the "Waste Management Regulations" at the bottom of the page.

Charges for refuse collection

The waste collection fee includes access to recycling centres, environmental stations and bulky waste collection twice a year.

The charge for refuse collection depends on the size of the bin.

Garbage is normally collected every two weeks. If you have a lot of rubbish in a week, you can put out an extra bag on the day of collection, for the cost see the tariff at the bottom.

Fees for emptying waste

Charges for emptying the rubbish bin with additional fees are included in the household waste tariff, see the tariff at the bottom of the page.

The sludge in individual sewage systems is classified as household waste and according to the Environmental Code, only the municipality, or the contractor appointed by the municipality, may empty and transport the household waste away. This means that sludge may not be emptied or transported in any other way.

Exemption from waste collection - exemption from charges

According to the Environmental Code, all households and property owners have a legal obligation to submit their household waste to their municipality for removal and treatment.

Exemption from the obligation to deliver household waste to the municipality may be granted if the property owner can take care of his/her household waste himself/herself in an acceptable way.

A written application for exemption from municipal waste collection must be submitted to the Environment and Building Department, which will then examine the case. As a rule, exemptions are not granted for permanent dwellings but only for holiday homes if certain criteria are met.

Even those who have been granted an exemption from refuse collection are obliged to ensure that recyclable waste is sent for recycling. In addition, hazardous waste and batteries that fall under the municipality's responsibility for household waste and electrical waste must be taken care of by the municipality.

The obligation to pay a fee for this, known as the basic fee, remains in place.