Are you from Ukraine and looking for work?

Have you fled to Sweden due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine? Here you will find information about working in Sweden and Sollefteå, and also available positions that you can apply for.

The right to work in Sweden.

The European Union has decided to activate the Temporary Protection Directive and that means that those who have fled Ukraine can receive a residence permit with temporary protection in Sweden. You can apply for this at Migrationsverket (the Swedish Migration Agency). External link. When you have a temporary residence permit you have the right to work in Sweden.

Help seeking employment

If you want help seeking employment you have to register with Arbetsförmedlingen by visiting a service office (Statens servicecenter) External link..

When registering, please bring:

  • valid proof of identity such as a passport, and the residence permit you have received from Migrationsverket (the Swedish Migration Agency).
  • a coordination number (samordningsnummer Skatteverket) External link.. If you have a coordination number, bring this with you. If you have not received a coordination number, you can apply for one at the service office. A coordination number is an identification for people who are not registered as living in Sweden.

Information in ukrainan

You can find more informatin about working in Sweden below in the files below. You can also find useful links to other government entites here.

Files available for download
File type icon Filename File size File upload date
Ви з України і шукаєте роботу?.pdf Pdf, 1 MB. 1 MB 2022-10-07 10.06